DECISIONS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED AT 5PM ON THE DAY THAT A CALL-IN EXPIRES. DECISIONS MAY BE ENACTED AFTER 5PM ON THE DAY PRIOR TO THE DATE INDICATED BELOW IN THE 'EFFECTIVE FROM' COLUMN
Decision Maker: Adur Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources, Worthing Cabinet Member for Resources
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
John Turley: Worthing Cabinet Member for Resources: Having discussed this matter with the Adur Cabinet Member for Finance & Resources I have decided to abstain from this decision as it is purely an Adur matter.
Angus Dunn: Adur Cabinet Member for Finance & Resources: I agree with the following proposals:-
1. To be mindful of the particular benefit that a hybrid solution offers in terms of extending the opportunities for sports and recreation activity, officers recommend that Adur District Council (ADC) in its capacity as landowner supports West Sussex County Council (WSCC) in such manner as is required, to procure for (and enter into a contract for) the delivery of a hybrid pitch solution for the area of land at The Meads, leased to WSCC by ADC for use by Swiss Gardens Primary School;
2. Prior to the procurement, that the Director for the Economy shall negotiate the terms of a Service Level Agreement between ADC, WSCC and the Meads School, which shall agree terms for:-
· The funding arrangements between WSCC, the Council (and the Meads as appropriate) including the costs of procuring; planning permission as required; the build of the pitch; ongoing maintenance and management of the facility.
· Project managing delivery of the hybrid facility by ADC; a process for agreeing delivery of the project and the final design prior to installation, as well as the responsibilities for maintaining the facility during its lifetime;
· Terms for ensuring that the facility and/or the leased land remains open and available for use by members of the public at all other times in accordance with the lease agreement;
· That WSCC shall support the Swiss Gardens Primary School and the Friends of the Meads establish an ‘oversight Group’ together with the District Council Ranger team and the Allotment Society to share information and sponsor joint initiatives that enhance the enjoyment of The Meads for the School, residents and visitors.
· Any other terms reasonably required for the delivery of the project to be agreed between WSCC and ADC.
I approve the recommendations for the reasons set out in the report.
Alternative options have been considered as discussed in the report.
Publication date: 10/03/2023
Date of decision: 10/03/2023
Effective from: 18/03/2023