DECISIONS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED AT 5PM ON THE DAY THAT A CALL-IN EXPIRES. DECISIONS MAY BE ENACTED AFTER 5PM ON THE DAY PRIOR TO THE DATE INDICATED BELOW IN THE 'EFFECTIVE FROM' COLUMN
Decision Maker: Head of Customer & Digital Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To replace the existing 16 pay and display machines in Adur as they are at end of life, with machines that accept cash and contactless payments.
· To offer reliable modern cash and contactless payment options for drivers.
· To fulfil the requirements of the Off-Street Parking Order.
· To maintain the Council's reputation
· To reduce the number of faults with equipment and reduce pay and display equipment downtime.
· To maintain income levels
· The success of the investment will be measured by fault reports, downtime reports, income levels, car park occupancy data, and cash v card transactions.
· Two quotes have been obtained due to the supply being of a specialist nature. The pay and display machines currently are networked to a specialised system and no other machines would be able to be networked onto the same system, the system is one which is currently used and all of the Council’s car park machines across Adur and Worthing are networked into this system as well as the Worthing on street pay and display machines.
· Not applicable in this case
Publication date: 07/06/2021
Date of decision: 07/06/2021
Effective from: 15/06/2021